The Legend of Owenah and Newamee
- This 2009 release was written by Dr Robert G Lyon, the local driving force behind the great working going on at Eldridge Park. It is published by the Eldrige Park Carousel Preservation Society, Inc. and all proceeds go to that group. In this book, you’ll find the stories of Eldridge Lake, also known as Lake Minnetonka, that have passed through generations of families living in the Elmira, NY area. Enjoy your own copy, while supporting the EPCPS, for just $7.50 (and $2.00 shipping if needed)
The Getaway Guy: Road Trip Getaways with Mike OBrian
- Looking for something to do? The Getaway Guy: Road Trip Getaways with Mike O’Brian is a travel guide offering 50 unique and exciting places to visit throughout Upstate and Western New York. Experience places you’ve never seen before, or have a look inside something you may have driven by a dozen times but just haven’t stopped in yet. From dinner cruises to country getaways, there’s something for everyone in this fun-filled 128 page paperback. The book comes complete with maps, pictures and all the necessary information on each destination, including Mike’s insider tips.
The Getaway Guy has taken all the stress out of traveling to these 50 remarkable nearby locales. The Getaway Guy makes the perfect gift for friends and family, and it fits right into your car’s glovebox for those spontaneous adventures!
Cost is $14.95 and if you want it shipped, we can do that too for just $3.00
Wooden Replica Buidings/Ornaments
- Our Brandywine replica wooden buildings share a bit of historical information on the back of each piece and a fond memory, current or past, of the actual building itself on the front. For a full listing of the buildings that have been produced, visit our Brandywine Villages page!
- Wooden Ornaments of local interest that are of the “cut-out” variety include the following:
- Popcorn Truck
- The Christmas House
- Notre Dame School
- Welcome Sign (both costumed and non-costumed)
- New in 2009 are wooden decorated wreathe ornaments with a local building or church inside each wreathe. This year’s selection includes:
- Park Church
- Trinity Church
- St Anthony’s Church
- Centenary Church
We are celebrating “Church Week” December 1–7. During that week, 10% of the church ornament sales will go to the designated church. Additionally, when someone buys one of these custom keepsakes, 10% of any other purchases they make will also go to the churches.
- We hope to have one or two more of the wreath ornaments before Christmas but we’ll let you know for sure when they become available!
- Eldridge Park Carousel Preservation Society Ornaments
- This year, the EPCPS will be releasing two new ornaments. Available on Saturday, November 7th, 100% of the proceeds from sale go to the EPCPS. This year, the society will be introducing a flat painted brass wolf ornament that will be paired with a magnet and a copy of Mary Lyon’s book, “Whispers in the Woods”. The price for this gift pack is just $19.95 plus tax. The second ornament that will be released is a
3-D high quality brass carousel that will feature animals from the inner row. Gift boxed, this ornament will retail for $30.00 (or 2/$50)
- Other local painted brass flat ornaments $8.95
- The Christmas House
- Mark Twain’s Study
- “The Elmiran” Trolley